the taste of fall...

Because it's Monday.
Because it's Fall.
Because I love cookie dough.
Because I am making PW's onion strings & chicken strips for supper and I needed to add more 'ooomph'  to my meal.
I made these.
some call them gingersnaps,some-molassas cookies, dusty millers, brown cookies, burnt cookies, yucky cookies... weeelll. maybe not those last three. but y'know you always could call them what ever you want!!
so because it's Monday.
Because its-ha. you thought I was gonna say all that again didn't you!! nope. gonna say this.
I now present you with these cookies.
THEE BEST WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL THEM COOKIES...

1 1/2 cups shortening
2 cups icing sugar (otherwise known in USA as powdered sugar)
1/2 cup molasses
2eggs
2tsp. baking soda
4 cups flour
1 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. ginger
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt

Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix and mash it all together. and here is the controversely part. you can either use a cookie scoop and plop the balls of brown on to your pan  or you can meticulously form 1 inch round balls and set them in a straight row on your freshly washed pan. (you'll never guess which one is my way) you can roll the little balls in icing sugar before you place them on pan, but it is not a must. some would probably say it is, but I wouldn't know. Bake these babies for 8 min. (NO MORE.) at 350 degrees.
DO NOT OVER BAKE.

If when you eat these you are not solely and wholly and rolly and polly convinced that they are the best you can just put your favorite Molassas cookie recipe right here in the comments.

now go. go bake them. they are sugah free babee . not. sorry. they really are not. but I still eat them. always. even the dough.

Comments

  1. Jennieee, you have me laughing here!!! I would like one of YOUR cookies tomorrow(I had a donut already today) with some Timmie's coffee please(well, I'll supply the coffee, YOU the cookies) I'm gonna have to look up that big new word you used....BTW, uncle is driving through Cali...I thought of catching a ride...but how would I get back...besides duty calls...is that why I'm yawning? I guess 5:30am was a long time ago. Good night...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya these are really good cookies. do bake them after rolling them in icing sugar. yummm. just made them a couple days ago. you got the cravings from me didnt you??!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup....one of my favorite cookies...the icing sugar...that's interesting...my recipe uses ordinary plain old sugar...however, it is also verrry good...will have to try this one sometime!! JP

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are fantastic!!:) Thanks for the laugh AND the recipe!:) I want to try it so bad...they sound delicious, especially as fall settles in...well, actually winter here but anyhoo.:)
    Hope your week is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenni these are my hubbies favorite and so thats about the only kind of cookie i make... and yes the icing sugar is a MUST!! yummmm i want one now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try these cookies with a pumpkin cream cheese dip made of-- pumpkin, cream cheese & abit of sugar. Mel made these for the concrete crew one night. Yummmy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, these sound so, so, SO good!

    But or should I say BUT the JD salesman is diabetic and I am trying (not very carefully) to stay off sugar.

    sigh, so I will just imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm these sound so good! And the PW meal sounds good too- I love her recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts