Make a Scented Garland & a WINNER!!!

YEAH!! for Lexi!! you are the lucky winner of the Christmas count down!! shoot me an e-mail and we'll figure out how you'll get this swanky chunk:)  aprairiegirlincalifornia@gmail.com


Thank you to all of you who joined in!!!!
Coming up next is a DIY scented Christmas garland!!! My 'big sis' wrote this post!!! Cheers to her!!!

Hi! I'm Rachel. I'm Jenn's big sister. I live in Colorado. This last weekend my husband's family all came out here for Thanksgiving & us girls "needed" something to help pass the time so we came up with these garlands. I think they turned out perty cute!
Make these Cinnamon Scented Cookies

 *Note: These are not intended to eat!
1/2 cup cinnamon
1 Tbsp. ground cloves
3/8 cup apple sauce (for those of you that are not mathetically minded like me that is 1/4 cup + 1/8 cup!)
3 Tbsp. white glue
Mix til well blended. Roll out til mixture is approximatly 1/4" thick.
Cut out shapes with your favorite cookie cutters. Poke holes into the shapes with a straw.
Let cookies sit to dry for a few days or if you are in a hurry like we were bake in the oven @ 250* for 20 minutes.

We also added apples & oranges to the garland. Here is how we dried the fruit-
Mix 2 cups lemon juice & 1 Tbsp. salt. Boil for 3 minutes. Cut fruit into 1/4 - 1/2 inch slices. Dip fruit into the lemon juice mixture. Line a cookie sheet with tinfoil. Place all the fruit onto cookie sheet. Bake @ 150*-175* for 8 hours turning the fruit every 2 hours.
We dried the fruit ahead so that we could make the garlands in 1 day!

Rip strips of homespun fabric. When fruit & cookies are dry (fruit will not be completely dry but put onto garland.) thread them onto the strips of fabric. If you need to, poke holes into the fruit. Tie knots, add bits & pieces of fabric to the garland.
We had alot of fun making these- maybe you will too!
Enjoy! And have a Merry Christmas!


Thank-you for this post :) now, go make your own ladies!!!!

Comments

  1. Hi Jennieee....what another fun give-away! I saw it in real and it's really neat! You are one talented girleee;) You have so many cute things in your house. Your auntieees are looking back with precious memories of our Thanksgiving together~ thank you again!!!!J&J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach-This garland is AMAZING...it might become a weekend project with my company. You made my heart grin guest posting on Jenn's blog. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. {Sniff}{sniff} aahhh they smell wonderful! Thank you so much for stopping over and sharing your ideas with me! I LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice!i would love one in my kitchen...especially the smell of cinnamon.m

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts