***snowstorm**********************************************

aaah. nothing like being snowed in. nothing at all. forced to sit in front of the fire and blog:) ha.
nothing like plowing through 1 - 2 foot drifts. nothing like sliding around on the ice in the 4x4.nothing like- 'neighbourly love' helping each other out of the ditch,or the drifts, the beauty of the 'hand carved' snow drifts looking like frosting, teased and curled into luscious whisps of smoothness.    nothing like stinging cheeks from the howling  - 40 degree (Celsius) wind nothing like warmth in the house, nothing like getting to spend the night in the city (we didn't but lots of friends did) nothing  like driving 10 miles of road to get town and it taking us 40 min instead of 10 because visibility is ZERO!!! nothing like seeing lights in the distance when you can't even see the road in front of you...My friend had her hand on the driving wheel and I did too. I watched my side of the road. when we got to far to middle of road I would steer the car back to 'my side. yep. it was freaky, my heart even pounded a few times (from being claustrophobic.) but we made it!!! and now it is a memory we will never forget. aaah. yes, nothing like a good ole prairie blizzard- WHEN- you have lots of food, a 4x4 truck, and good friends to hang with!!!

Go Here for pictures of the storm... They were taken in Calgary and Strathmore  which is about an hour from me, but it looks the same as the storm does here !!!

****** stay warm******

and do not leave the house with out warm warm clothes on!!!!!!!

Comments

  1. Hey ya tell me about it! We stopped in Lethbridge for night!! I love getting snowed in!-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmm....jennieee, you like that???!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I was nestled in my cozy little house and didn't have to venture far! The furthest I went was to the grocery store to stock up on groceries yesterday afternoon & now that school's cancelled for tomorrow I can keep staying put. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I wish we would have a blizzard... It's so cozy to be "snowed in". We did get snow last night tho! A whole whopping 1/2 inch!! At least its that much, eh?! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can have the cold. I'm a true Californian. Anything under 65 is FREEZING! Give me 85 degrees and the beech anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah...I love a blizzard too...from inside my cozy home!!! We even got to have some "surprise weekend guests" who were stranded on the highway by the storm...was fun...and we made some new friends!!! All good! JP

    ReplyDelete
  7. jenn are you SERIOUS about liking it?! i gues someone has to!! It might be neat for a day or two but give me warm weather anyday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to have to be honest. I am pretty snowed out and am looking so forward to Spring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts