An answered Prayer

Do you ever feel like God is ignoring you? It’s the worst feeling… 

We had an awful night. Hadley was uncomfortable and she coughed all night. All.night. Tessa woke up at 4:30 am and couldn’t sleep. I was so exhausted. I had been praying every time she started coughing that she could stop. We had an appointment this morning for her leg and I was terrified they wouldn’t let us in if they heard her coughing. Then she started throwing up when she coughed. She wasn’t allowed to eat due to the doctor appt/possible surgery. So she was just barfing up phlegm. Sorry TMI, but it was bad. My nerves were absolutely shot and I was sure God was ignoring my tears and pleas for help in the form of suppressing a cough. I finally got most of us dressed and in the car. Then took Tessa to school, she was a puddle of tears because of how the morning was & she’s been very worried about her little sis. Lots of emotions. 💔I asked my sisters to pray. Then I went & picked up James. We were only a little ways down the road when I started crying and said- “ I am so angry at God right now. He is totally capable of stopping her cough & He won’t.” (she’d been coughing non stop for 5 hours at this point, her tummy hurt & I had given her every single cough helping medication I had in my house) I was angry & quite worried. I took a deep breath & just sat & watched the clouds, resigned that we’d be turned back & rescheduled. Trying to trust Him, knowing deep down He is my source of strength & whatever happened we’d be okay. We arrived at the hospital & James said ‘You know she hasn’t coughed more than 2 times since you told me you were angry at God.’ I felt a glimmer of hope. We walked into the clinic and I kid you not, she didn’t cough 1 time the entire time we sat in there. 😭 Won’t He do it?  Sometimes he doesn’t answer our prayers the way we think or when we think. It was such a reproof to me, how God can do it but I have to trust Him, no matter the outcome. It’s the only way, for me. I’ve had so many prayers not answered how I think they should have been but when I look back I know he carried me, even when it felt like I was stumbling alone, He was there. He’s there for you too. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts